The Chesapeake Cruise - Wye and McGothy Rivers (9538)


Ah hammocks, wish I could fit two into this one.
We stop for the night in the beautiful Wye river, one side is a nature reserve, the other side where rich poeople have their houses, stables, boathouses and docks.




The waters are used by fishermen and we actually anchor within the area used for crabbing - the fisherman does not seem to mind, and we leave in good time.



Exiting the Wye river we pass into the main Chesapeake bay and through a shipping anchorage.



As does the big ship behind us - He caught me unawares as I assumed he was abchored whrn I glanced behind me. Note to self, look behind more often!


To get North we have to pass under a bridge, shirley doesn't look




We decide to enter the McGothy river for the night to let us have a short 20 mile run into Baltimore the next morning. It has lots of anchorages and we choose Broad Creek.


And manage to sail into it. Its entrance is not broad!






The anchorage described in the "Captains Mate" phone app suggests anchoring opposite the "glass house"



A pleasent stop - lots of sailing and boating activiity but it stops in the early evening.


After a flurry of wee jobs done - Shirley does here "Mrs Woodcare" jobs - varnish and stain and I fit new navigation lights, retaining the old ones to me made into a feature on the walls of the cottage back home.


 I also put up the hammock but shirley doesn;t risk it (she tries one late rin Baltimore so the training is still work in progress. I like it though




Shirley also makes pancakes, I have several pancake mixes on board, not as tasty as you might think but would do as bread in a pinch.





I think we have Rachel to thank for this one (the clue is that it is in French and she lives in Montreal.

Scenery hereabouts is nice - and as usual nice houses and docks, only 15 miles from Baltimore






We head for Baltimore the next morning, passing this rather cute lighthouse getting renovated.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.